Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful For...

Turkey on Thanksgiving Greeting

This Thanksgiving, I'd like to give thanks for the First Readers in my life.  You are the ones who get the ugly drafts, the early versions of my manuscripts that don't make sense.  You, dear First Readers, slog through the morass to tell me what's working and where I need to roll up my sleeves.  In Turkey Day terms, you are the select few that set the table, scrub the potatoes, and circle the grocery story parking lot while I rummage through the aisles so that, when my readers crack open one of my novels, it's as good as it can possibly be.  For your encouragement, input, suggestions and willingness to listen to my excuses and flights of fancy, I am eternally grateful.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.  Give your favorite people a hug and your favorite foods a second helping.  I'll be back to talking about writing soon.  Until then-- give thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment