Monday, June 24, 2013

A word about letters

Occasionally, I am lucky enough to get mail from my readers.  Sometimes it's email, sometimes it's good old-fashioned snail mail.  I know it takes a special effort to pick up a pen (or open a word file) to write to an author, and these letters mean a lot.

However, if you've ever written me via snail mail you probably did not get a response.  I do apologize for this.  Snail mail goes through my publishers' mailrooms, cavernous places that I assume look like this:


Suffice it to say, I don't always get the mail, and rarely in a timely manner.  In 2011, an entire eighth grade class wrote to me as part of a class assignment.  They will be graduating high school soon.  I just got their letters. 

That said, please don't be discouraged!  If you want to write to me please contact me through my website email address.  I will do my best to respond.  I might not always succeed, but I do try.  Hearing directly from my readers is one of the most amazing things about being a writer. 

So, to all you letter writers, thank you for your patience and understanding.  And congratulations, class of 2014!



No comments:

Post a Comment