Monday, July 1, 2013

Countdown to Comic Con 2013 - The Reading List



Happy July, everyone!  San Diego Comic Con is right around the corner and I am rushing to meet it.  In addition to that rewrite I keep promising you I am working on (I still am, I promise!), I've got a stack of reading to do for the panel I'm moderating.

I mentioned that, right?  I'll be moderating a panel at Con!  The official description is:

When Grrls Fall in Love, Saturday, 7/20/13, 11:00a.m. - 12:00p.m., Room: 23ABC
From The Hunger Games’ Katniss to Divergent’s Tris, no one knows how to give a solid ass-kicking like a young adult novel heroine. But when these young ladies aren’t saving the world, overthrowing powerful regimes, or slaying everything from zombies to dragons, they still find time for romance. Cassandra Clare (The Mortal Instruments), Ally Condie (Matched), Veronica Roth (Divergent), Holly Black (The Coldest Girl in Coldtown), Marissa Meyer (Scarlet), Lissa Price (Starters), and Veronica Wolff (The Watchers) discuss the delicate balance between killing and kissing, and what it takes to properly woo a YA heroine.

I just finished the creepy, compelling ageism thriller Starters and I'm knee-deep in Tris right now.  (When faced with a knife and a block of cheese, I think I would cube the cheese.  Is there a tribe for that?)  So far, so fun.  There's quite a stack to go, but I'm looking forward to it all.

So, tell me, fans of the above, what questions would you ask if you were lucky enough to be sitting in Room 23ABC on Saturday the 20th?  If you actually will be there, let me know.  I'd love to say hi.

Aside from the panel fun, I'll be camped out in my usual spot in Small Press with Tired Girl Collective.  We'll be the very pink table O-12.



This year, I'm bringing hand-stamped notebooks (if they look okay), some Avenger-themed rice bags (you know, with lavender, for boo boos and aches), lots of sound fx jewelry, and other fun things. 
Our little website is woefully out of date, but the link above will show you some of what we've done in the past.  We've got a new Tired Girl with us this year, so swing by if you're at the show and check out all the pretty nerd things!

Lastly, I'll be doing signings at the Penguin booth on Thursday, July 18th at 2:00pm and in Autograph Alley on Saturday after the panel.

I'm so freakin' excited!  And there's so much work to do! 

Enjoy your Independence Day Weekend, everyone.  I know what I'll be doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment