Sunday, December 22, 2013

Nerd!

The Wonderful World of Lisa Simpson #1, Bongo Comics

If you read this blog, you most likely know me for my young adult novels.  But there's more to Miss Smith than meets the eye (well, that's not true.  If your eyes ever meet me, they'd figure it out).  I also write comics! Bongo Comics, to be precise!  They are the good folks that kept Futurama alive for years in print, and who bring you *original!* *funny!* *stories!*  of America's favorite family.

Miss Lisa is a personal favorite of mine, being the bookish young lady she is.  So I was thrilled to have a chance to add to her story with my own offering, "Lisa's Lending Library."  You can find it now in the newly-published stand-alone comic book "The Wonderful World of Lisa Simpson" (there's a great review here!). 

Chuckle-worthy stories from the likes of Gail Simone (Batgirl, Birds of Prey), Heather Nufher (My Little Pony) and myself, with delicious art by the eye-bending Nina Matsumoto, the amazing Pia Guerra (Y, The Last Man!) and the etheral Kassandra Heller (I was totally lucky to be teamed with her!).

You can find more of my work with the Simpsons in last year's "Milhouse #1,"

 Milhouse 1.png

And, if you dig deep, in several Bart Simpson Comics individual issues, or trade paperbacks like this one (note the literary theme of my work.):

Simpsons Comics: Get Some Fancy Book Learnin'

There are a dozen or so stories scattered over the years, and a few comic strips too, from when The Simpsons made the funny pages in the London Times (that's right, I'm big in TWO languages-- English, and American).

Remember, comic books make a perfectly good stocking stuffer, too.  Especially if the stocking is made of mylar and includes a backing board.*  So shop your favorite comic book place this week (You can find one near you by calling 1-800-COMICBOOK.  Seriously.), and have a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!


*Hence the title of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment